<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really think you've made the right decision. I think we ask for trouble when we try to change people to fit our ideal of what we want them to be, when they clearly aren't that person and don't want to be. Your m-in-l is not just expressing a whim about AG; her attitude is one born of a lifetime of experience, including formative early trauma. Plus, she's clearly indicated that she's not open to changing. I say enjoy AG with DD and your mother (and all of us!) and find other common ground with m-in-l so DD will have different memories to treasure with her.Originally posted by NH_Mom_of_2_girls:
Anyhow, she does not know about the trip and I probably won't mention it unless is comes up. Every time I do hint that Lauren wants an AG I get the same lecture as my thread title "they are collectors items, not toys!!!!" I just have to ignore her, she is a little clucking hen who just does not understand. I will just have to come here for my enabling!!!
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 25, 2006 03:10 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>





Bookmarks